Make Your Move Historic
Historic Realty Detroit and our team of agents are working to give
sellers and buyers peace of mind in the market. We are following
special protocols to ensure the safety of our community.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
We are following the guidance of the CDC and National Association of REALTORS® to promote the safety of our clients, staff and community. More information is available here.
The CDC urges individuals to take these measures to protect themselves and others:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice social distancing by staying out of crowded places, avoiding group gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet) from others when possible.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when around others.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Stay home if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu-like symptom.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
Before Conducting In-Person Showings
- Check state and local executive orders to confirm the permissibility, and any specific requirements, of conducting in-person showings.
- Encourage buyers to narrow their property search through photos, virtual tours, and leveraging other technology to reduce the number of in-person showings.
- Consider adopting a policy of asking all buyers for a pre-qualification letter to limit in-person showings only to qualified and serious buyers.
- Be familiar with state and local restrictions based on whether a property is vacant, owner-occupied, or tenant-occupied, and consider implementing different precautions for occupied properties versus vacant properties.
- Discuss with a seller the precautions that will be taken when showing their property, and adhere to any specific requirements requested by sellers showing the property.
- Require property showings by appointment, in lieu of open houses, to reduce the number of persons in a property at any given time.
- Request both the seller and potential buyers to self-disclose whether they have COVID-19 or exhibit any symptoms. However, note that COVID-19 is also spread by individuals who are asymptomatic.
- Be aware of any state or local restrictions on the number of people who may be present at the showing, and discourage non-essential parties from attending the showing.
- Be aware of and comply with fair housing obligations related to COVID-19, see Guidance for Fair Housing Compliance During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Ask buyers to remain in their vehicle until you arrive at the property.
- For owner or tenant-occupied properties, request that the seller or tenant open all cabinets, closets, window coverings, and to turn on lights before leaving the property.
- For vacant properties, arrive early to open the front door, open all cabinets, closet, window coverings, and to turn on lights.
During In-Person Showings
- Adhere to social distancing recommendations, and maintain a minimum of six feet of space between persons at all times.
- Avoid shaking hands with clients.
- Limit the number of persons who may attend a showing, such as only four people total.
- Require all persons entering a property to immediately wash their hands or to use hand sanitizer, remove footwear or wear booties, and wear a face mask or covering, and gloves.
- Instruct buyers and others touring the home to avoid touching any surfaces in the home, such as light switches, cabinet and door handles.
- Instruct buyers and guests not to use bathroom facilities at the property.
- Do not share phones, pens, or tablets or other personal property during the showing.
- Comply with any requirements of the seller during the showing.
After Showing Property
- Wipe down any surfaces touched during the showing with a sanitizing wipe or disinfecting cleaner, as requested by seller, and suggest the seller also disinfect the property.
- Wipe down the key and lockbox with a sanitizing wipe or disinfecting cleaner after use.
- Speak with buyers outside of the property or in a ventilated area while maintaining a distance of 6 feet, or arrange to speak by phone or email.
- Do not provide any paper documents, and instead follow up with any information electronically after you leave the property.
- Use hand sanitizer upon returning to your vehicle.
- Maintain a detailed log of interactions to enable contact tracing, to include names, dates, and locations of interactions, as well as a party’s contact information.
Properties marked with the "IDX" logo are provided courtesy of Realcomp II, Ltd. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Any use of search facilities of data on this site, other than by a consumer looking to purchase real estate, is prohibited. The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, is not guaranteed or warranted. All information should be independently verified. Originating MLS: Realcomp II Ltd.
Detroit by the Numbers
% List Price Received
Residential and Condo data YTD as of Aug 31, 2020, approximated
Detroit is hot. Ask us more about these stats and what they mean for your sale or purchase.
Make Your Sale Historic
Pricing & Trends
We specialize in your community. Contact us to learn what’s happening in your market, and about the strategies we can leverage to optimize your listing
Staging with Style
At Historic Realty Detroit & Historic Commercial Realty, we specialize in helping buyers and sellers find their next dream piece of real estate.
List your property
Let's get started
Provide just a few quick details about your property. One of our agents will reach you within 24 hours.
We're here to help!
Our philosophy is simple: clients come first. We pledge to be in constant communication with our clients, keeping them fully informed throughout the entire buying or selling process.